Common failures of plate heat exchangers
Common malfunction of plate heat exchanger - leakage
The main performance is leakage (quantity is not large, water droplet discontinuity) and leakage (larger volume, water droplet continuous). The main parts of the leakage are the sealing parts between the plate and the plate, the two sealing leakage grooves of the plate and the inner sides of the end plate and the inner side of the pressing plate.
1. Clamping size is not in place, the size is uneven, the size deviation should not be greater than 3 mm, or the clamping bolts are loose.
2. Part of the gasket is separated from the sealing groove, the main seal cover of the gasket has dirt, the gasket is damaged or the gasket is aging.
3. Deformation occurred on the plate, and dislocation caused by assembly. There are cracks in the seal groove or two sealing areas. Example: saturated steam is used as a side heat source heating in many thermal stations in Beijing, Qinghai and Xinjiang. Because of the high steam temperature, the rubber seal pad is ineffective at high temperature and causes the leakage of steam under the condition that the system is unstable at the initial stage of operation.
(1) reclamping the equipment according to the clamping size provided by the manufacturer in the non pressure state, the size should be uniform, and the deviation of the compression size should not be more than + 0.2N (mm) (N. For the total number of plates, the parallelism between the two pressing plates should be kept within 2 mm.
(2) mark the leakage parts, then disassemble the heat exchanger and check them one by one, and re assemble or replace gaskets and plates.
(3) disassemble the open heat exchanger and repair or replace the sheet deformation parts. In the absence of sheet spare parts, the deformed part plates can be temporarily disassembled and reassembled.
4. When reassembling the disassembled plates, clean the boards and prevent dirt from sticking to the sealing surfaces of the gaskets.